Table of contents
- Getting Started
- Activity Tracker
- Messages, Notes, Watches, and Reminders
- MIDAS Admin Options
- Manage MIDAS
- Manage Appearance Settings
- Manage Booking Settings
- Manage Fields
- Manage Security Settings
- Manage Email Settings
- Manage Print Settings
- Manage Invoice Settings
- Manage Safety Settings
- Manage Database Settings
- Manage Templates
- Manage Public Settings
- Manage Scheduled Tasks
- Manage Miscellaneous Settings
- Check For Updates
- Manage Addons
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Other Sources Of Support
- About MIDAS
Floorplan And Map Editor
The Floorplan / Map feature allows users to instead select rooms / bookable spaces on a visual "map" or floorplan of your facilities.
Enable booking from floorplans / maps
To enable visual booking from floorplans / maps instead of a textural list of venues, click the icon in the MIDAS toolbar, and select "Manage MIDAS". On the resulting screen, select the "Bookings" tab, enable the "Floorplans / Maps" option, and select "Save Changes".
To disable visual booking from floorplans / maps, untick the "Use Floorplans / Maps" option and save changes.
Upload a new floorplan / map
Each venue "group" in MIDAS can have a floorplan / map associated with it.
You will need to setup a venue group, and assign venues to it before you can use a floorplan / map.
Your floorplan / map should be a PNG image file and contain all venues within your venue "group".
For example, you may have created a "First Floor" venue group in MIDAS and assigned all rooms located on your first floor to this group. The associated floorplan / map schematic should indicate all the rooms located on your first floor.
To upload your PNG floorplan / map:
- Click the icon in the MIDAS toolbar, and select "Manage Venues"
- On the resulting screen, select the "Groups" tab, and select an existing venue group that you wish to upload a floorplan / map for.
- Click the "Map" button, and the Map Editor will open.
- In the Map Editor, click the "Upload New Map" button. You'll then be prompted to upload a .png image file.
Mapping areas in your floorplan / map to venues
Once you've uploaded a floorplan / map to a venue group in MIDAS, you'll then need to define "areas" on your image and associate these with venues in the group.
- In the Map Editor, all venues in the current venue group are listed on the right.
- Click the icon next to the venue you wish to define an area for on your floorplan / map.
- The "Shape Tool" selector will then open, allowing you to select whether you wish to create a rectangle, polygon, or circle area on your floorplan / map.
- For square or rectangular rooms, select "Rectangle", then:
- Click on one corner of the room on your floorplan / map (i.e. the upper left corner of the room)
- Click on the opposite corner of the room on your floorplan / map. (i.e. the lower right corner of the room)
- For irregular shaped rooms, select "Polygon", then:
- Click on each point in room on your floorplan / map where the perimeter walls change direction.
- Once you've done this around the room's entire perimeter, click "Done".
- For circular rooms, select "Circle", then:
- Click on the center of the room on your floorplan / map.
- Click on a point on the perimeter of the room on your floorplan / map.
- Once you've defined an area on your floorplan / map, a icon will be shown next to the name of the venue.
- If you make a mistake, you can clear an area by tapping the icon next to the name of the venue. The icon will change to , and tapping this will remove that area from the map and allow you to recreate a new area.
- Repeat steps 2 - 8 for all other venues in your venue group.
- Click "Save Map" to save changes.