Table of contents
- Getting Started
- Activity Tracker
- Messages, Notes, Watches, and Reminders
- MIDAS Admin Options
- Manage MIDAS
- Manage Appearance Settings
- Manage Booking Settings
- Manage Fields
- Manage Security Settings
- Manage Email Settings
- Manage Print Settings
- Manage Invoice Settings
- Manage Safety Settings
- Manage Database Settings
- Manage Templates
- Manage Public Settings
- Manage Scheduled Tasks
- Manage Miscellaneous Settings
- Check For Updates
- Manage Addons
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Other Sources Of Support
- About MIDAS
Raise a Credit Note when Refunding an InvoicePlease refer to the documentation on Refunding Invoices.
Manually Create a Credit NoteYou can create Credit Notes for your clients via the icon in the main toolbar.
- On the invoicing screen, click/tap the "Create" icon.
- From the template options presented, select "Credit Note".
- A blank credit note will then be displayed.
- Start by entering the client you wish to create the Credit Note for in the "Credit For" field.
- Next, you can add the items you wish to appear on the credit note.
- For each item, enter a brief description, quantity, unit rate, and tax rate.
- Line credit amounts and credit totals will be automatically calculated.
- If you also wish to add the total credit amount on the Credit Note as an additional credit to the client's account in MIDAS (which will be automatically deducted from their next invoice), select the "Apply credit to client's account?" option.
- Once you are happy with your credit note, select the "Save Credit Note" button.
Modifying a Credit NoteOnce a Credit Note has been saved, its contents cannot be changed. However, visible notes appearing on the credit note (as well as internal notes) may be updated at any time.
To add visible notes to a Credit Note, locate the Credit Note, then click the icon.
To add internal notes to a Credit Note, locate the Credit Note, then click the icon.
Deleting a Credit NoteCredit Notes may be removed from the system the same way that Invoices are.
To delete a Credit Note, first locate the Credit Note, then click the icon.
Printing a Credit NoteCredit Notes may be printed in the same way that Invoices are.
To print a Credit Note, first locate the Credit Note, then click the icon.
Emailing a Credit NoteCredit Notes may be emailed to clients in the same way that Invoices are.
To email a Credit Note, first locate the Credit Note, then click the icon.