MIDAS Knowledge Base
How to export invoices to Sage
MIDAS is capable of exporting invoices from your booking system to Sage Business Cloud accounting software.
Invoices are exported in a specially formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values) file which may then be directly imported into Sage Business Cloud.
Preparing your data for export:Sage require that each invoice you import be matched against an existing customer within your Sage system. Each customer will have their own unique customer reference in your Sage system.
You'll therefore need to associated these customer references to the corresponding client records in your MIDAS system in order for exported invoices from your MIDAS system to be able to be imported into Sage.
We suggest creating a simple custom text client field in your MIDAS system, which you can then use to record customer references from Sage for client in your MIDAS system.
To export invoices from MIDAS:Invoices may be exported via MIDAS Admin Options → Import / Export → Export.
If you do not have access to this page, please check with your organization's internal MIDAS administrator who will be able to grant additional permissions as necessary.
- On the export page, select the "Invoices" tab.
- Next, select the type of invoices you wish export (Regular, Deposit, or Cancellation).
- Select "CSV File (Sage Business Cloud)" in the format drop-down.
- Additional Sage-specific options are then shown;
- Customer Reference Field - Select a custom client field from your MIDAS system which contains Sage customer references for your clients (See the previous "Preparing your data for export" section).
- Ledger Account - Enter the Sage Ledger Account reference you wish to use for the invoices you wish to import into Sage.
- VAT Rate - Categorize the type of VAT applicable to your invoices, based on your VAT setting in Sage. Options are "Standard", "Zero Rated", "Lower Rate", "Exempt" or "No VAT".
- Click Export
- You'll be prompted to save the generated CSV file to your device
To import your invoices into Sage Business Cloud:
- In Sage Business Cloud, go to "Sales" and then click "New Quick Entry &rarr Import Quick Entries".
- Click Choose File and then find and select the CSV file you've just saved from MIDAS.
- Click "Upload" to import your invoices.
For more information, please refer to Sage Business Cloud Accounting's own documentation:
Important things to note:
- Sage doesn't support the importing Credit Notes, so this export option isn't available when selecting the Sage export format in MIDAS.
- Sage won't import invoices where the total is zero. As such, any such invoices are excluded from the data exported in MIDAS when exporting for Sage.
- Unfortunately, Sage doesn't support importing full itemized invoices, only invoice summaries. Itemized invoices therefore won't be present in the data exported from MIDAS when the "CSV File (Sage Business Cloud)" format option is selected. Invoices exported in this way will simply reflect each invoices total (excluding any credit, refund, or amount already paid).
- Because of the above limitation, only invoices where all items on the invoice have the same tax rate will be included when exporting invoices for Sage.
- In addition to the above, if you have some invoices with different tax rates to others, you'll need to split the CSV file that MIDAS generates into smaller files. Each file should contain invoices for one VAT Rate type only ("Standard", "Zero Rated", "Lower Rate", "Exempt" or "No VAT"), with the VAT Rate column adjusted accordingly. You'll then be able to import these CSV files separately into Sage.
← Return to Knowledge Base