MIDAS Knowledge Base
How to export invoices to Zoho Invoice
MIDAS is capable of exporting invoices from your booking system to Zoho Invoice.
Invoices are exported in a specially formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values) file which may then be directly imported into Zoho.
To export invoices from MIDAS:Invoices may be exported via MIDAS Admin Options → Import / Export → Export.
If you do not have access to this page, please check with your organization's internal MIDAS administrator who will be able to grant additional permissions as necessary.
- On the export page, select the "Invoices" tab
- Next, select the type of invoices you wish export (Regular, Deposit, Cancellation, or Credit Notes)
- Select "CSV File (Zoho Invoice)" in the format drop-down
- Click Export
- You'll be prompted to save the generated CSV file to your device
To import your invoices into Zoho:
- In Zoho, go to "Invoices" section, and click the "three horizontal line" (hamburger) icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select "Import Invoices".
- Click the "Choose File" button and then locate and select the CSV file you've just saved from MIDAS.
- Once you've selected your file, ensure the "Character Encoding" option on screen is set to "UTF-8 (Unicode)" and the "File Delimiter" option is set to "Comma ( , )".
- Next, if you select the "Auto-generate invoice Number" option, Zoho will ignore invoice numbers in your MIDAS data, and will instead assign its own invoice numbers (not recommended, as this will make it difficult to correlate your invoices in MIDAS and Zoho).
- If the "Map the customers' addresses in the import file to their customer record in Zoho Invoice" option is enabled, if a client name in the data you're importing matches an existing customer in your Zoho system, Zoho will map the invoice to the customer record.For the "Aquestion "Is the UnitAmount field tax inclusive or exclusive?", make sure you select "Tax Exclusive".
- Click "Next".
- Zoho Invoice will then allow you to "map" your imported data to fields in Zoho Invoice. Please check these are correct - ensuring that any date format is set to "yyyy-MM-dd" - and then click "Next"
- You'll be presented with a preview of your import, and if looks good, select "Import".
For more information, please refer to Xero's own documentation:
Important things to note:
- Unfortunately, Zoho won't import invoices without an invoice date or a due date. Therefore, any unsent invoices in your MIDAS system, will be excluded from the data exported in MIDAS when exporting for Zoho.
← Return to the Knowledge Base