MIDAS Knowledge Base
How to export invoices to Xero
MIDAS is capable of exporting invoices from your booking system to Xero accounting software.
Invoices are exported in a specially formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values) file which may then be directly imported into Xero.
To export invoices from MIDAS:Invoices may be exported via MIDAS Admin Options → Import / Export → Export.
If you do not have access to this page, please check with your organization's internal MIDAS administrator who will be able to grant additional permissions as necessary.
- On the export page, select the "Invoices" tab
- Next, select the type of invoices you wish export (Regular, Deposit, Cancellation, or Credit Notes)
- Select "CSV File (Xero)" in the format drop-down
- An additional Xero-specific "Account Code" field is shown. Enter the Xero Account code you wish to use for the invoices you'll be importing into Xero.
- Click Export
- You'll be prompted to save the generated CSV file to your device
To import your invoices into Xero:
- In Xero, go to "Business" menu and select "Invoices" (for importing invoices) or "Sales overview" (for importing credit notes).
- Click "Import".
- Click "Browse" and then find and select the CSV file you've just saved from MIDAS.
- The exported data from your MIDAS system will also include client contact address details for each invoice. If you wish to update Xero with the latest client data from your MIDAS system, select "Yes" to the question "Would you like to update contact address details?", otherwise, select "No".
- For the question "Is the UnitAmount field tax inclusive or exclusive?", make sure you select "Tax Exclusive".
- Click "Import".
- You'll be presented with a brief summary of your import, and if looks good, select "Complete Import".
For more information, please refer to Xero's own documentation:
Important things to note:
- Unfortunately, Xero won't import invoices without an invoice date or a due date. Therefore, any unsent invoices in your MIDAS system, will be excluded from the data exported in MIDAS when exporting for Xero.
← Return to Knowledge Base