MIDAS Knowledge Base
How to export invoices to QuickBooks
MIDAS is capable of exporting invoices from your booking system to QuickBooks Online accounting software.
Invoices are exported in a specially formatted CSV (Comma Separated Values) file which may then be directly imported into QuickBooks online.
To export invoices from MIDAS:Invoices may be exported via MIDAS Admin Options → Import / Export → Export.
If you do not have access to this page, please check with your organization's internal MIDAS administrator who will be able to grant additional permissions as necessary.
- On the export page, select the "Invoices" tab
- Next, select the type of invoices you wish export (Regular, Deposit, Cancellation, or Credit Notes)
- Select "CSV File (QuickBooks Online)" in the format drop-down
- Click Export
- You'll be prompted to save the generated CSV file to your device
To import your invoices into QuickBooks online:
- In QuickBooks online, Go to "Settings" and select "Import Data".
- Select "Invoices" (to import Invoices) or "Credit Notes" (to import Credit Notes)
- Select Browse and then find and select the CSV file you've just saved from MIDAS.
- Select Next.
- Map the column headers to the relevant fields in QuickBooks. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Select "Not applicable" for any fields not present in the CSV file.
- Select the date format your MIDAS system uses, for example DD/MM/YYYY.
- Select Next.
- You'll be presented with a brief summary of your import, and if looks good, select "Start import".
For more information, please refer to QuickBooks Online's own documentation:
Important things to note:
- QuickBooks Online only permits a maximum of 100 invoices to be imported at any one time. If there are more than 100 invoices in your exported data from MIDAS, you'll need to split the CSV file into smaller files. Each file should contain no more than 100 invoices. You'll then be able to import these CSV files separately.
- If you wish to import invoices with tax, you need to turn it on in QuickBooks.
- Unfortunately, QuickBooks Online doesn't facilitate the importing of invoices containing credits or refunds, or where an amount has already been paid against an invoice. This information therefore won't be present in the data exported from MIDAS when the "CSV File (QuickBooks Online)" format option is selected. Invoices exported in this way will simply reflect each invoice's total, excluding any credit, refund, or amount already paid.
← Return to the Knowledge Base