I'm not receiving email from my MIDAS systemIf you're not receiving emails from your MIDAS system, this may be due to the following:
- Incorrect mail sending settings within MIDAS
- Your email address is incorrect or not present within MIDAS
- The emails are being sent, but are being incorrectly identified as spam and not appearing in your inbox
MIDAS can send email in a couple of different ways, either using "Sendmail" (if available on your server) or by using your own SMTP server.
Please verify your MIDAS is using the correct settings via MIDAS Admin Options → Manage MIDAS → Email → Send Outgoing Email Using
Not all servers support Sendmail, therefore it's recommended that you specify your own SMTP server for sending email where possible.
Your network/IT administrator should be able to provide you with the correct settings to enter for your organization's SMTP server.
Also pay attention to the setting "MIDAS Generated Emails Appear From". This is the email address from which automated emails (such as booking confirmations/notifications, etc) will appear to be sent from. Whilst this doesn't have to be a real email address (i.e. you could use a firstname.lastname@example.org), it does need to be a properly formatted email address. If this email address is blank, or improperly formatted, the mail server (whether Sendmail or SMTP) may reject sending of email and/or it may affect whether sent emails are deemed to be spam (see item 3 below)
2) Your email address is incorrect or not present within MIDAS
If you are a MIDAS user with sufficient permissions, you can check the email/update address associated with your account via MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Users & Permissions. If you do not have access to this, you will need to ask your MIDAS administrator to do this for you.
If you are a client, please check with your MIDAS administrator that your current email address is recorded on your client record.
It is important that client's have an email address associated with them in order for MIDAS to be able to send notifications on the status of their booking requests, etc.
For administrators, the easiest way to add/update a client's email address is to locate the client via the "Search" function of MIDAS, and then click the corresponding "Modify Client" icon.
3) The emails are being sent, but are being incorrectly identified as spam and not appearing in your inbox
If the mail sending settings (see item 1) are correct, and your email address within MIDAS is correct (see item 2), and you're still not receiving expected emails from MIDAS, it's highly likely that somewhere along the line, the sent emails are being incorrectly deemed as spam. This could be occurring within your email software (Check your spam/junk folder), or on your wider network (which your network/IT administrator should be able to check for you).
To reduce the likelihood of emails sent via MIDAS being identified as junk, please check the following:
- Be sure to "white list" the email address that's set in the "MIDAS Generated Emails Appear From" setting (See item 1)
- Check that the address you're trying to send email to isn't the same as the email address specified in the "MIDAS Generated Emails Appear From" setting (many mail systems filter out as junk email for a recipient with the same email address as the sender)
- If you're currently sending email via the "Sendmail" option, switching to use your organization's own SMTP server/relay instead can greatly reduce the likelihood of outgoing emails from MIDAS being identified by mail servers/relays and ISPs as junk.
← Return to Knowledgebase