MIDAS Knowledge Base
Terms & Conditions: "Cloud Hosted" MIDAS
Last Updated: 20th June 2023The following Terms & Conditions apply when you choose to subscribe to a "cloud hosted" edition of MIDAS:
- Whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure 100% uptime of our servers, we cannot guarantee this. (If you are concerned about downtime, you may wish to consider our optional Emergency Access add-on to ensure you can still retain access to your room scheduling information in the event of any such downtime, or consider the "self hosted" edition of our software instead)
- Neither we, nor our server provider, may be held responsible or liable in the event of any losses, including data or financial losses, howsoever caused.
- Whilst your database will be "hosted" on our servers, you shall have no direct/root access to the servers. The only access you will have will be via the supplied web interface(s) as a MIDAS user/administrator to your databases, or via the optional API if applicable.
- We offer cloud hosted customers a choice of data centers for where their live MIDAS database will reside. If you do not wish - or are not permitted by law - to store electronic data in the countries where these data centers are located, you should not choose our "cloud hosted" option and instead select the "self hosted" option.
- The desired subdomain specified at time of purchasing for your hosted MIDAS system to be accessible via does not guarantee you that subdomain. We reserve the right to alter or amend the subdomain at which your MIDAS system will subsequently be hosted if we deem the desired subdomain to be unsuitable for any reason.
- "Hosting" is only available specifically for our MIDAS room booking and resource scheduling software, and not for any other purpose, including general web hosting. As such, no other files/web pages may be "hosted" on our servers.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to your MIDAS system, without prior notice, should we detect, receive reports of, or be concerned about abnormal usage or suspicious activity occurring within your MIDAS system, and/or activity which could degrade or otherwise adversely affect the quality of service we provide to our other "hosted" customers.
- Your MIDAS subscription is renewable either monthly or annually for the duration you wish to continue to access or use your hosted MIDAS system. Automated renewal reminders will be sent in advance of any such renewal via email to the Primary Contact we hold on record for your MIDAS system. Failing to maintain an active subscription will result in access to your hosted MIDAS system being suspended, and ultimately removed from our servers in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. It is therefore important that you keep us up-to-date if the Primary Contact person for your organization's MIDAS system changes, so that we can update our records to ensure renewal reminders are sent to the correct person.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund, either in part or in full, should you cancel or no longer wish to continue with your cloud hosted MIDAS system. Our refund policy may be found here.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to your MIDAS system, without prior notice, in the event of non-payment or disputed payment, relating to your initial purchase, or any subsequent subscription renewals or license upgrades.
- Customers who purchase a cloud hosted edition from 2020 onwards and who subsequently wish to switch to a self hosted edition, will be required to purchase a new self hosted license. Customers who purchased a cloud hosted edition prior to 2019 and who subsequently wish to switch to a self hosted edition, should contact us to discus license migration.
- This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By purchasing a "cloud hosted" edition of our MIDAS room booking and resource scheduling software, you fully understand and accept these Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notification
← Return to the Knowledge Base