MIDAS Knowledge Base
Where is my data stored if I choose a "cloud hosted" MIDAS system?Customers who choose a "cloud hosted" edition of MIDAS are offered a choice a data center location for where their live MIDAS database should reside.
The three data center locations currently offered are:
- European (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- US East Coast (Atlanta, Georgia)
- US West Coast (Seattle, Washington)
Our backup client servers reside in a separate US East Coast data center located in Ashburn, Virginia.
In addition to the data centers listed above, we also routinely automatically back up data from our cloud-hosted customer's MIDAS systems to backup servers located in the UK.
- If you are concerned that a copy of your data would be stored in the UK, then you should choose a "self hosted" edition of MIDAS instead.
- If you are concerned that a copy of your data would be stored in the US, then you should:
- Choose the European data center option, and;
- Don't select the Emergency Access Addon, and;
- Explicitly inform us when subscribing that you don't wish your data to be backed up to the US.
- ....or alternatively choose a "self hosted" edition of MIDAS instead.
MIDAS » KB » Sales » Article 00079
Was this information helpful? Please Rate This Article: ★★★★★
← Return to the Knowledge Base