Why can't I modify/delete certain bookings?There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to modify and/or delete certain bookings in your scheduling system:
- The booking occurs in the past or has already started
- The booking was created by another user, whose bookings you don't have permission to modify
- An invoice has been generated for the booking and the booking has been automatically "locked" as a result
1) The booking occurs in the past or has already started
By default, you can only modify/delete bookings which have not yet occurred i.e. future bookings. Once a booking has begun, and in order to maintain accurate booking records, no further modifications to the booking are permitted, and it also cannot be deleted. You can, however, still add post-booking notes/comments to the booking.
If you wish to override this default function and be able to modify/delete ongoing or elapsed bookings, you will need to be granted the "Can make Historical Bookings" user permission (MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Users & Permissions). All accounts with this permission will be able to modify/delete bookings regardless of whether they occur in the past, present, or future.
2) The booking was created by another user, whose bookings you don't have permission to modify
Your MIDAS Administrator may have restricted your account to only permit you to modify and/or delete tentative or confirmed bookings which were originally added to the system by yourself. In which case, you will only be able to modify and/or delete your own bookings, and will not be able to do the same for bookings added by (or approved by) others.
Please contact your MIDAS Administrator who will be able to grant you the necessary permissions to modify/delete all bookings, if appropriate.
3) An invoice has been generated for the booking and the booking has been automatically "locked" as a result
A setting exists which optionally prevents bookings from being modified/deleted once an invoice has been generated for them. This setting may be found under MIDAS Admin Options → Manage MIDAS → Invoicing. If this option is enabled, then in order to be able to modify/delete a booking for which an invoice has been generated, you would need to either delete the associated invoice first, or de-select the "Prevent modification/deletion of bookings for which invoices have been created?" setting.
← Return to Knowledgebase