MIDAS Knowledge Base
Why can't I modify/delete certain bookings?There are a number of reasons why you may sometimes be unable to modify or delete certain bookings within your MIDAS room booking system. These include:
- The booking occurs in the past, or is currently ongoing.
- The booking was created by another user, whose bookings you don't have permission to modify.
- An invoice has been generated for the booking and the booking has been automatically "locked" as a result.
1) The booking occurs in the past, or is currently ongoingBy default, your MIDAS booking system will only allow you to modify/delete bookings which have not yet occurred i.e. future bookings. In order to maintain accurate booking records, once a booking has commenced, no further modifications to the booking are permitted. The booking also cannot be deleted. You can, however, still add post-booking notes/comments to the booking.
If you wish to override this default behavior to be able to modify/delete ongoing or bookings that have previously taken place, you will need to be granted the "Can make Historical Bookings" user permission. This may be done via MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Users & Permissions. All user accounts that have been granted this permission will be able to modify/delete bookings regardless of whether they occur in the past, present, or future.
2) The booking was created by another user, whose bookings you don't have permission to modifyYour MIDAS Administrator may have restricted your user account to only permit you to modify or delete tentative or confirmed bookings which were originally added to the system by yourself. In which case, you will only be able to modify and/or delete your own bookings. You will not be able to do the same for bookings which were added (or approved) by other users.
Please contact your MIDAS Administrator who can grant you the necessary permissions to modify/delete all bookings, if appropriate.
3) An invoice has been generated for the booking and the booking has been automatically "locked" as a resultThere's a setting within MIDAS which, if enabled, prevents bookings from being modified/deleted once an invoice has been generated for them. This setting is found under MIDAS Admin Options → Manage MIDAS → Invoicing. If this option is currently enabled, then in order to be able to modify/delete a booking for which an invoice has been generated, you would need to either delete the associated invoice first, or deselect the "Prevent modification/deletion of bookings for which invoices have been created?" setting.
← Return to Knowledge Base