MIDAS Knowledge Base
How to transfer a database from a "cloud" or "trial" edition of MIDAS to a "self-hosted" installationThis article applies if, either;
- You currently have an ongoing 30-day trial and have decided to go ahead and purchase a "self hosted" edition of our software, and wish to import your trial data into your purchased system, or
- You are an existing customer with a "cloud hosted" edition of MIDAS and wish to move to a "self hosted" system instead.
In order to import data from a cloud hosted or "trial" MIDAS system into your new "self hosted" system, please follow the steps below:
- Please contact us to obtain an export of your "cloud hosted" or "trial" database1 2
- Install MIDAS onto your own web server3
- Once MIDAS has been successfully installed on your server, login to your MySQL server, and locate the MySQL database that is used by your MIDAS - you could use a tool such as phpMyAdmin to do this.
- Import the MySQL data contained in the database export provided by us into this database, replacing the current data there. There are a number of ways to do this, including:
- phpMyAdmin has an easy import function which will allow you to directly import the .sql database file we will supply, or;
- From the command line issue the following command:mysql -u username -p database_name < midas.sql
(Where username is the username of valid MySQL account, database_name is the name of the MySQL database you wish to import data into (i.e. the database you defined when you installed your self hosted MIDAS system), and "midas.sql" is the name of the .sql file we've supplied)
- Your MIDAS MySQL database will then contain all the data from your "hosted"/"trial" edition of MIDAS4
1. Data will only be released to the purchaser or "primary contact" for your MIDAS "trial", or "cloud hosted" edition
2. If you are requesting data from your "trial", you would need to purchase MIDAS, and request your data before your trial period expires. Once your trial period has expired, your data will not be kept indefinitely, and will be automatically wiped from our servers as new trials are setup for other potential new customers
3. Please contact us if you require a download link to the self hosted installer.
4. After importing data, any user accounts created during the initial install of MIDAS on your own server will be replaced by those user accounts from your "cloud hosted"/"trial" database.
← Return to Knowledge Base