MIDAS Knowledge Base
1. What information is collected when you visit and use our site?1.1. Our site uses essential cookies to ensure its proper operation, and optional cookies to improve your experience and to understand how you interact with it. Optional cookies are only set after consent has been given.
1.2. When you visit our site from a new device/browser for the first time, we'll present you with a "Cookie Consent" banner. You'll then have the option to accept or reject all non-essential cookies, or to customize your cookie choice. Non-essential cookies will be rejected by default unless/until a different choice is made.
1.3. You may just your cookie preferences at any time via the "cookie cog" icon in the lower left corner of pages on our site. If denying consent to cookies you'd previously consented to, we would also recommend immediately clearing cookies from your browser. See Section 6.2 for more information.
1.4. Non-essential optional cookies are categorized as either "Functional", "Performance", or "Targeting".
1.4.1 Functional cookies enable certain features and functionality on our website, namely:
22.214.171.124 Live Chat capabilities
1.4.2 Performance cookies allow us to understand how you interact with our site so that we can improve visitor experience. The technologies enabled when these cookies are accepted are:
1.4.3 Targeting cookies may be used by Google to target advertising and marketing across the sites you visit.
1.6. Our site also utilizes Cloudflare Web Analytics. Cloudflare Web Analytics does not use any client-side state, such as cookies or localStorage, to collect usage metrics. Cloudflare Web Analytics also do not "fingerprint" individuals via their IP address, User Agent string, or any other data for the purpose of displaying analytics. Cloudflare Web Analytics are non-invasive and respect the privacy of our site's visitors. For more information, please see Cloudflare Web Analytics.
1.7. If you provide us with a contact email in any correspondence with our sales or support teams, this may be used to contact you again in the future in relation to your correspondence. It may also be used to send you occasional MIDAS news, updates, promotions, or related product or service information, unless you explicitly state when providing a contact email that you do not wish your email to be used in this way. You may also opt-out of any occasional mailings at any time, please see Section 5.
1.8. If you provide us with written feedback in relation to our products or services, we may use the comments you provide, whether whole or in part, in the reviews section of our site and/or in our wider publicity, unless you explicitly state when providing such feedback that you do not wish your comments to be used in this way and/or attributed to you. When attributing comments, we will never use anything more than your name and approximate location (i.e. country & region) without your express prior consent. Should your comments be used on our site and you would like them removed, or no longer attributed to you, we will honor such removal requests and endeavor to remove the comment/attribute from our site as soon as practically possible.
1.9. If you make a Credit/Debit card purchase via our site, our card payment processing facilities are provided via 3rd parties as outlined in Section 1.9.1 below. Card numbers, expiry dates, and CVC's, entered on secure pages of our site do not pass through our own servers and are therefore not stored on our servers.
1.9.1. Our card payment processing facilities are currently provided by PayPal and Stripe. Their respective privacy policies will apply where their respective services are used.
2. Why is this data collected?Any of the information we collect may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience of our website and/or products and services
• To improve our website, products, and services
• To improve our customer service
• To send periodic emails as outlined in Section 1.7
2.1. We may use data from Google Analytics, Microsoft Clarity, and Cloudflare Web Analytics, to monitor traffic and work to improve the service we provide to visitors and users of our site.
2.2. We may use data from LiveZilla Live Chat software to identified returning users who've previously visited our site and/or initiated a Live Chat
2.4. Cookies may be used to determine the "edition" of our site to display to you (i.e. desktop/mobile, etc).
2.5. Cookies may be used by LiveZilla Chat for the purposes outlined in 2.2 above.
2.6. Your email address, if provided, may be used to keep you informed of MIDAS news, updates, promotions, related product or service information as outlined in Section 1.7.
2.7. We do not use IP address, device, browser, or location information to personally identify any individual.
3. Where is this data stored?3.1 Cloudflare data is stored on Cloudflare servers.
3.2 Google Analytics data is stored on Google servers.
3.3 Microsoft Clarity data is stored on Microsoft's servers.
3.4. LiveZilla chat data is stored on our servers, based in the US. Additionally, we regularly backup data from our US servers to servers based in the UK.
3.5. Your email address, if provided, is stored on our servers, based in the US. Additionally, we regularly backup data from our US servers to servers based in the UK.
3.6. Cookies are stored locally by your browser.
4. Who is this data shared with?4.1. Unless otherwise stated, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties personally identifiable information for marketing purposes.
4.3. We may release the relevant information we hold when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our own or others' rights, property, or safety.
5. How can I see what data you're storing about me?5.1. In accordance with GDPR, you can perform a Subject Data Access Request at any time, to receive an electronic copy of the information we currently hold on you.
5.2 A Subject Data Access Request performed on our site relates solely to information we ourselves currently hold on you. It does not apply to any information that may be held by 3rd parties, or any information that may reside locally on your device.
6. How can I have my stored data removed?6.1. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. You can unsubscribe via our contact page or through the one-click unsubscribe links present in the bottom of occasionally sent emails.
6.2. You can remove any cookies set by our site by clearing/removing cookies from your browser (Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org)
7. This policy is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
← Return to the Knowledge Base