MIDAS Knowledge Base
Help! I've forgotten my login detailsIf you've forgotten the login details for your user account within your organization's MIDAS room booking and scheduling software, then there are a couple of ways to reset your password.
Please note that due to the way passwords are securely stored within the system, if you forget your password the only option is for it to be reset (as original passwords cannot be retrieved).
Option 1 - Reset your own password
- Go to your MIDAS login screen and click the "Forgot Your Password" link.
- Enter the email address you usually use to login to your MIDAS system, and click "Reset My Password".
- Your MIDAS system will then automatically email you a password reset link (Provided your MIDAS system has been correctly configured to send email)
- Please follow the instructions within this email to reset your password and regain access to your user account.
- If you don't receive a password reset link after a short time, please check your spam/junk folder.
- If you cannot remember the email address you usually use to login with, or you no longer have access to that email account, you will instead need to follow Option 2 (below).
Option 2: Ask an administrative user to reset your password for you
Any administrative user within your organization's MIDAS system with sufficient privileges (any user account that has been granted the "Can Manage Users & Permissions" user permission) can change/reset your password on your behalf via MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Users & Permissions.
If you are the only user in your MIDAS system with permission to "Manage Users & Permissions", you cannot remember your own credentials, and are unable to retrieve them via Option 1 above, you will need to contact our support team for further assistance.
Our support team will be unable to reset your password if there are other user accounts within your MIDAS system that have the necessary permissions to change/reset user's passwords.
- To ensure your users can reset their own passwords, please check that you've correctly configured (and tested) that your MIDAS booking system is able to send email.
- Consider granting the "Can Manage Users & Permissions" user permission to at least two user accounts, that way if one of these users is ever unable to reset their own password, another administrative user with the necessary privileges can reset the affected user's credentials.
← Return to Knowledge Base