Table of contents
Active Directory Integration: Configuring IIS
Configuring IIS 6.0
- Open Administrative Tools → Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Right-click on the site/directory where your MIDAS resides and select "Properties".
- Switch to the "Directory Security" tab, and click the Authentication and access control "Edit" button:
- Untick "Enable anonymous access" and tick "Integrated Windows authentication":
- Click "OK" then "OK" again to return to the IIS manager.
Configuring IIS 7.xThe default installation of IIS 7.x does not include the Windows authentication role service. To use this authentication on IIS 7.x, you must install the role service, disable Anonymous authentication for the server or directory where your MIDAS booking system resides, and finally enable Windows authentication for the directory/site.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Navigate to the site/directory where your MIDAS resides, and click "Authentication":
- Right-Click the "Anonymous Authentication" entry and select "Disable":
- Right-Click the "Windows Authentication" entry and select "Enable":
If the "Windows Authentication" option isn't present, you will first need to install the Windows authentication role services.
On Windows Vista/7, this can be done via Control Panel → Programs and Features → Turn Windows features on or off → Internet Information Services → World Wide Web Services → Security → Windows Authentication:
On Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, this can be done via Administrative Tools → Server Manager → Roles → Web Server (IIS) → Role Services → Add Role Services → Security → Windows Authentication:
For more information on enabling Windows Authentication under IIS, please refer to this article from Microsoft.