What is Microsoft Teams?Microsoft Teams is a platform that combines workplace chat, meetings, notes, and attachments. The service integrates with a range of tools and services, including Office 365 and Skype.
MIDAS integration with Microsoft TeamsOne of the features included as standard with our MIDAS room booking software is a powerful "Watch" feature. This allows users to setup automated notifications which trigger when certain booking activity occurs within MIDAS. For example, you could setup a Watch notification rule to automatically email your catering staff whenever refreshments are added to bookings, or you could create a Watch rule to notify your site staff whenever a room booking is cancelled.
MIDAS is able to integrate with Microsoft Teams through the optional Microsoft Teams addon to make such Watch notifications appear in your organization's Microsoft Teams channel in real-time.
Pre-RequisitesIn order to use this addon, you will need to be running MIDAS v4.20 (or later) and have a Microsoft Teams account.
Not yet using Microsoft Teams? Get Microsoft Teams
Installing the AddonOur Microsoft Teams addon is available as an option for MIDAS v4.19 (or later) and can be purchased together with MIDAS, or added at a later stage.
- To purchase MIDAS and the Microsoft Teams addon, please visit: https://mid.as/purchase
- To add the Microsoft Teams addon to an existing MIDAS installation, please go to MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Addons → Available Addons → Microsoft Teams
Once installed, you'll need to obtain a Microsoft Teams WebHook URL, and then configure the addon via MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Addons → Installed Addons → Microsoft Teams
Obtain a Microsoft Teams WebHook URLIn order to allow your MIDAS to post notifications to your Microsoft Teams channel, you will need to obtain a Microsoft Teams WebHook URL. This is a unique URL that authorizes your MIDAS to be able to post notifications to your Microsoft Teams channel.
You can obtain a Microsoft Teams WebHook URL for your team channel as follows:
1) Login to your Microsoft Teams account, and select a team and the channel for that team that you wish notifications from your MIDAS system to be sent to.
2) Click the three small dots on the right side of the highlighted channel name
3) From the More Options menu, click "Connectors"
4) Look through the list and at the "Incoming Webhook" connector, click "Configure"
5) Give the webhook a name and a custom icon, and click "Create"
6) Copy the Webhook URL, as you'll need to enter it into the Microsoft Teams addon settings page within MIDAS
Microsoft Teams Addon Settings
Above: The Microsoft Teams Addon administrative interface (MIDAS Admin Options → Manage Addons → Installed Addons → Microsoft Teams)
From this screen you can configure Microsoft Teams integration...
Send Watch Notifications to Microsoft TeamsThis box enables/disables the posting of Watch Notifications to your Microsoft Teams channel
Microsoft Teams WebHook URLIn order for your MIDAS to be able to send notifications to your Microsoft Teams channel, you'll need to obtain a Microsoft Teams WebHook URL, and enter this URL into this field (See instructions above for obtaining a Microsoft Teams WebHook URL)
Use the following user's Watch settings to post notifications to Microsoft TeamsThis drop-down list displays all current users who have access to the "Watch" features of MIDAS. Select a user from this list for their current Watch triggers to be used to decide what notifications are posted to your Microsoft Teams channel
Once correctly configured, you'll then begin to see notifications appearing in your Microsoft Teams channel when relevant Watch notifications are triggered within MIDAS
|8th October 2018||· Initial release of the Microsoft Teams Addon (for MIDAS v4.20+)|