MIDAS Knowledge Base
Is MIDAS CCPA / CPRA compliant?
What is the CCPA?The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a state-wide data privacy law that regulates how businesses all over the world are allowed to handle the personal information (PI) of California residents.
The effective date of the CCPA was January 1, 2023 and it is the first law of its kind in the United States.
What is CPRA?Starting from January 1, 2023 the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) comes into effect, amending and extending the CCPA.
When does CCRA apply?The California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) applies to businesses that either;
- Have an gross annual revenue exceeding $25 million, or;
- Process (Buys, sells or shares) the personal information of more than 100,000 California consumers or households per year, or;
- Derive 50% or more of its annual revenues from selling or sharing California consumers' personal information.
Does CCRA apply to MIDAS?No, CCRA does not apply to MIDAS for the following reasons:
- Our annual gross revenue does not exceed $25 million, and;
- We do not process the personal information of more than 100,000 California consumers or households per year, and;
- We do not derive 50% of more of our annual revenues from selling or sharing the personal information of California residents.
← Return to the Knowledge Base