Our Data Retention Policy
1. "Cloud Hosted" Customers1.1 We take daily backups of our active hosted customer's MIDAS databases, which are then stored in two geographically separate locations for a period of six months. After six months, these off-site backups are automatically deleted from our systems. This process does not affect the data within our cloud hosted customer's live MIDAS systems.
1.2 Inactive customer's databases (customers whose Annual Hosting + Support Subscriptions have elapsed) will persist (but be inaccessible to the customer) for a period of six months after the date their Annual Hosting + Support Subscription originally expired. If the customer renews their elapsed subscription within this period, full access to their MIDAS will be restored without loss of data.
1.3 Inactive customers (customers whose Annual Hosting + Support Subscriptions have elapsed) can request removal of their MIDAS database(s) from our live servers earlier than the period outlined in 1.2. Such removal requests will normally be processed within two working days. NOTE: Any offsite backups made prior to removal of a database from our live servers will still continue to persist for a period in accordance with 1.1.
1.4 Customers who explicitly cancel their Annual Hosting + Support Subscription in writing (as opposed to allowing it to elapse with no prior contact with ourselves) will have their MIDAS database(s) removed from our live servers normally within two working days. NOTE: Any offsite backups made prior to removal of a database from our live servers will still continue to persist for a period in accordance with 1.1.
1.5 Customers who explicitly inform us that they will not be renewing their Annual Hosting + Support Subscription upon the next due renewal date (as opposed to allowing it to elapse with no prior contact with ourselves) will have their MIDAS database(s) removed from our live servers within one month after their Annual Hosting + Support Subscription due date. NOTE: Any offsite backups made prior to removal of a database from our live servers will still continue to persist for a period in accordance with 1.1.
2. Users of our public "online demo"2.1 Any data entered into our public "online demo" will persist indefinitely, unless it is otherwise modified or removed by another demo user or administrator.
3. Users of private "trials"3.1 We are able to offer private, fully-functional trials of MIDAS to prospective customers. These trials are hosted on our servers, and usually offered for a period of 30 days. A limited number of trial slots are available at any one time. Once a trial period has expired, data will persist in the associated MIDAS database until it is automatically "wiped" when another prospective customer's trial takes its place.
4. Customer Records and Correspondence4.1 We keep an indefinite record of current and past customers.
4.2 We keep an indefinite record of all private "trials" of MIDAS undertaken.
4.3 Online payments on our website are handled by 3rd party payment processing providers, Stripe or PayPal. Customer's sensitive financial transaction payment details (such as Credit Card numbers) do not pass directly through our servers, are not stored on our servers, and are not disclosed in full to by the respective payment processing providers. Please refer to the respective 3rd party's policies for how they process, store, and retain your data.
4.4 If you contact us through email or our website's Live Chat feature, a copy of the communication is kept indefinitely, unless otherwise requested on reasonable grounds of data sensitivity.
4.5 Customer information is never sold on to 3rd parties.
4.6 Customers may contact us to request a copy of the information we hold on file for them.
6. This policy is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
← Return to Knowledgebase