1. What information is collected when you visit and use our site?1.1. Our site employs the following technologies, which are capable of logging your visits to, and activities on, our site:
1.1.2. LiveZilla Live Chat software (visitor information, chat logs)
1.1.3. Cookies (affiliate referral links, site edition)
1.2. If you provide us with a contact email in any correspondence with our sales or support teams, this may be used to send you occasional MIDAS news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc. To opt-out, please see Section 5.
1.3. If you provide us with written feedback in relation to our products or services, we may use the comments you provide, whether whole or in part, in the reviews section of our site and/or in our wider publicity, unless you explicitly state when providing such feedback that you do not wish your comments to be used in this way and/or attributed to you. When attributing comments, we will never use anything more than your name and approximate location (i.e. country & region) without your express prior consent. Should your comments be used on our site and you would like them removed, or no longer attributed to you, we will honor such removal requests and endeavor to remove the comment/attribute from our site as soon as practically possible.
1.4. If you make a Credit/Debit card purchase via our site, our card payment processing facilities are provided via 3rd parties as outlined in Section 1.4.1 below. Card numbers, expiry dates, and CVC's, entered on secure pages of our site do not pass through our own servers and are therefore not stored on our servers.
1.4.1. Our card payment processing facilities are currently provided by PayPal and Stripe. Their respective privacy policies will apply where their respective services are used.
2. Why is this data collected?Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience of our website and/or products and services
• To improve our website
• To improve our customer service
• To send periodic emails as outlined in Section 1.2
2.1. We use data from Google Analytics to monitor traffic and work to improve the service we provide to visitors and users of our site.
2.2. We use data from LiveZilla Live Chat software to identified returning users who've previously visited our site and/or initiated a Live Chat
2.3. Cookies are used to track affiliate referrals to our site.
2.4. Cookies are used to determine the "edition" of our site to display to you (i.e. desktop/mobile, etc).
2.5. Cookies are used by LiveZilla Chat for the purposes outlined in 2.2 above.
2.6. Your email address, if provided, is used to keep you informed of MIDAS news, updates, promotions, related product or service information as outlined in Section 1.2.
3.2. LiveZilla chat data is stored on our servers, based in the US. Additionally, we regularly backup data from our US servers to servers based in the UK.
3.3. Your email address, if provided, is stored on our servers, based in the US. Additionally, we regularly backup data from our US servers to servers based in the UK.
3.4. Cookies are stored locally by your browser.
4. Who is this data shared with?We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, we may release the relevant information we hold when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our own or others' rights, property, or safety.
5. How can I have my stored data removed?5.1. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, which can be done online here or through the one-click unsubscribe links present in the bottom of occasionally sent emails.
5.2. You can remove any cookies set by our site by by clearing/removing cookies from your browser (Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org)
6. This policy is governed by the law of England and Wales, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
← Return to Knowledgebase