How to customize the appearance of your MIDAS system
If your MIDAS is "self-hosted"...
- The appearance of our room and resource scheduling software may be customized through the use of images and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Visual "Themes" are located within the "Themes" folder of your installation. Each sub-folder is a separate theme pack, consisting of a number of image files, and a file entitled "layout.css"
- The "layout.css" file contains settings for the various visual elements within the software
- To create your own unique visual "theme" for MIDAS, simply make a copy of one of these theme folders (or download a new theme), edit the "layout.css" file within, and create your own corresponding images for the various icons, backgrounds, and visual elements.
- Your newly created theme will then be available for your users to select and use when they next logon to the system
NOTE: You may need to enable the "Allow users to select theme at login" admin setting for the theme selector to be visible on the login screen.
- We would love to see any new themes you create for your MIDAS scheduling system, and if we think they're good, we may just make them available to other MIDAS users. If you're interested, please zip (compress) the contents of your custom theme's folder, and email it to us
If your MIDAS is "cloud hosted" by us...
- Initially, only the standard "Default" themes will be installed to your MIDAS
- To have any of the additional pre-built themes listed here installed to your cloud hosted MIDAS system, please contact us, letting us know which themes you'd like installed, and we'll install them for you!
- Once installed, the additional themes will then be available for your users to select and use when they next logon
NOTE: You may need to enable the "Allow users to select theme at login" admin setting for the theme selector to be visible on the login screen.NOTE: If your MIDAS software is cloud hosted by us, you will not have access to be able to edit or customize pre-built visual themes, or be able to create your own. You will, however, still be able to include your company/corporate logo
← Return to Knowledgebase